91-year-old arrested for raping an 11-year-old remanded in custody.

The case of a 91-year-old man who was arrested for raping an 11-year-old girl was postponed to Thursday, the 8th of April. The man appeared before the Bushbuckridge magistrate’s court on Tuesday, the 6th of April for a bail application which was unsuccessful. The case of the 30-year-old mother, who is out on a R1000 bail was also postponed to the 8th.
The mother was arrested for neglecting her three children, the 11-year-old, and two others aged five and two. years old and for concealing the abuse inflicted on her children by the boyfriend. It is alleged that she left the children alone for a while and the community members notified the police when they noticed that the children were left alone.
While investigating, the police discovered that the 11-year-old girl had been raped by the 91-year-old man, who is the mother’s boyfriend of 91years. It was also discovered that the old man assaulted the five-year-old boy.
Mpumalanga Police Spokesperson, Brigadier Leonard Hlathi said the police spent days looking for them after being alerted to the alleged abuse suffered by the children. The couple went on the run after a good Samaritan rescued the woman’s three children. Police said the siblings, aged two, five and 11, were neglected and sometimes left alone to fend for themselves.
“It all started when a concerned citizen went to a certain house in Bushbuckridge and found three children in a terrible state without parental care. The children are said to have informed the woman of their ordeal [and] indicated that their parents have been abusing them physically, emotionally and sexually. Details given by the children also revealed that the 11-year-old girl had allegedly been raped by the 91-year-old man, at times in the presence of their mother,” said Hlathi.
“They also indicated that they have been treated badly as well as neglected by their own mother. Details given by the children revealed that the 11-year-old girl had allegedly been raped by a man who often visited their mother. The man also reportedly assaulted the five-year-old boy but their mother failed to report the two incidents to the authorities,” he added.
Hlathi said the woman who found the children took them to a nearby school and reported the matter to the school principal. The principal then called the police. An investigation by the police and the Department of Social Development ensued and the children were given medical care and taken to a place of safety.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *